The winner was the 1st Crediton Scout Group with their banana and chocolate chip muffins. Well done to Daniel Richards and Sam Reed.
Also congratulations to Peter and John Turner for their cheese and basil ammonites – great runners up.
Oliver’s are working with the Crediton Food Festival
Calling all youth groups to create a new product for Oliver’s Bakery – and earn funds for your organisation.
Use your imagination, research old books; maybe borrow a recipe from Grandma!
What you need to do:
- Create a loaf of bread, cake, muffin or cookies and biscuits that look and taste wonderful.
- Use local produce where possible.
- Think about how much it will cost to make so that the shop will be able to sell it at a price people will want to pay.
- Work as an individual or in a group, but you must be 17 years old or younger.
- Then bring samples to the Oliver’s Bakery stall at the Crediton Food and Drink Festival on Saturday 15 June 2013 by 10.30am.
- The judges are: David Oliver of Oliver’s Bakery, Tim Harris The Devon Chef, Gretchen Oldland and Kate Shirazi. Their decision will be announced at 1.00pm.
The winner(s) will get to make their product (and have a baking masterclass) at Oliver’s Bakery (max of 6 in a group).
The product will be sold at Oliver’s Bakery and, for a month, 25% of the sale price will be given to the winner.